Royal Typewriter

This weekend we went to Halden, across the fjord, in order to pick up a typewriter I had located on Finn.no
The lady selling it was keeping it in her garage until she could get rid of it and stated she hadn’t actually used it herself, she just had it for decoration and now needed to clear up space. To only keep such craftmanship as a decoration and not for proper use is just sad in my opinion, but she wanted 50NOK for it so I kept my mouth shut.

It took some WD-40, a toothbrush and a lot of q-tips but I managed to get it fairly clean. Three of the keys wouldn’t “bounce” when used, but after the clean and slightly modify one of the steelwings it now works beautifuly.

I spent some time looking up its serialnumber on the online database and managed to determine it’s from 1939. Which is essentially the same year Norway was occupied by Germany and thereby included in World War 2.

Monkey’s dresser and its new life


This old dresser has been standing in a corner for the past god knows how long. Probably a decade. It was painted (badly) in white, before that it was painted (also badly) in the most horrid green colour you can imagine.

It took me DAYS to sand this down to the wood and get rid of all the horrid paint. Unfortunately it had so many damages to the wood that I needed to use chemical wood which was guaranteed to stain differently than the rest of the wood. So I had to decide on how to paint it again.

I opted for the DIY tradition of white and vintage wallpaper which I found on etsy. Finished off by new legs (bought on ebay) as by the looks it, it used to have at some point.

The end result didn’t turn out to bad considering what I had to work with.

I stained my dining table

Our old oak table need a little touch up. It had many horrible grease stains on it and I had previously done nothing to give it any kind of treatment in order to NOT get grease stains. That one’s on me.

It took me a day to sand it down so you couldnt see any of the grease stains anymore.

Then I later stained it in a colour named “Mocca” from Lady Interior Beis.

I gave it two coats and finished off with varnish to make sure the same problem wouldnt happen again.